POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Easter : Re: Easter Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:14:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Easter
From: Alain
Date: 12 Apr 2010 09:41:44
Message: <4bc32318$1@news.povray.org>

> On 04/11/2010 11:29 PM, Warp wrote:
>>    This doesn't mean that birds did not evolve from theropods. It means
>> that birds are not dinosaurs because they do not belong even to the same
>> taxonomic class (aves vs. reptiles).
>
>    Let me put that in another way. If birds were dinosaurs, then you
> should be able to say:
>
>    "Birds are dinosaurs, and dinosaurs are reptiles, hence birds are
> reptiles."
>
>    If birds were - indeed - dinosaurs, that *would* make them reptiles
> because dinosaurs are classified as reptiles. However, birds are *not*
> classified as reptiles. Hence birds are *not* dinosaurs.
>
>    Just because birds *evolved* from dinosaurs doesn't change that.

Dinosaurs are NOT reptiles!
There where reptiles during the dinosaurs era, and there where dinosaurs.

Peoples beleived that dinosaurs where reptiles initialy, but it was
proven that it's not the case.
We now know that dinosaurs where much closer to contemporary birds than
they ever where to reptiles.

They where very probably warm blooded, endotherm, or semi-endotherm,
while all reptiles are cold-blooded, or exotherm.

Also, the bone structure is very different than that of reptiles.

Alain